Tuesday 14 December 2021

SLJ Poetry Slam

 This summer learning journey  I did a poetry slam. Poetry slam is a piece of poetry that has nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs

First I did nouns, the word I chose was chicken. I did verbs.Verbs are action words.The word I picked was jump. Adjective is a describing word. For example, brown is an adjective.  Then I have the adverb. For example the adverb of rapid is rapidly.


Second I used the thesaurus to help me complete the synonym. Synonyms are using different words to describe the same thing, for example the synonym of the word is hen is chicken. I did hop for jump, chocolate for the colour brown, and swift for rapidly. Then I added photos to each of the words and linked it to the website it came from.


In the end I added my photo to the middle where it says photo. Then I added photos of what I will do in the holidays. I added 7 photos on what I would do.


I want to add more photos of what I will do during the holidays. I need to step up my work next time.


3 comments:

  1. Talofa Lava, Xavier

    Your blog post is very informative.
    I like how you have explained what you did in detail.
    I also liked how you have told us the website from where you got your information.
    Same as you, I have also done this Summer Learning Journey.
    The things that I liked were Ice cream, Friends, Parks, Cycling and lots of other things.
    Do you know any other synonym for the word "Rapidly"?

    Keep you excellent work!! I am looking forward for your reply.
    Sahil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mōrena Xavier,

    It’s Charlotte here, a blog commenter for Manaiakalani. Ka Pai on your work completing the Poetry Slam, Kick Start activity!

    I think that poetry slam is so cool! Did you watch any of the poetry slam videos? What did you learn about this type of poetry? If you wanted to try and challenge yourself a little more and earn some extra points for the Summer Learning Journey, you could try and give the ‘Poetry Slam, Step it up’ activity a go!

    Great job including instructions on how you completed the task, this means that your blog readers could give the challenge a go as well!

    Ngā Mihi Nui
    Charlotte Visser
    Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool Xavier.

    Good on you for giving the Summer Learning Journey a go. Keep up the Poetry slam challenges as they are gonna be an awesome collection! Have you looked at any of the other challenges?

    Keep up the awesome blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.