Thursday 15 October 2020

Inquiry | Experiment

This week for inquiry we did some experimenting. We had to see which material that can absorbent lots of water.

First we had to get a tote tray, 100 millilitre of water, add five drops of blue dye, and get our materials.

The material was stone, sand, cotton, paper towels, nappy brand 1 and 2. Then we had to get the materials and get a glass for the stone or sand and way them up to 5 grams.    

My group and I picked up stones and we placed the rocks inside of the the glass. After we got the tote tray and poured the water in the glass. 

Then we pored out the water and pored it in a measuring glass to see how much water was absorbed and not absorbed.

Lastly we had to type our results in our recording sheet. My group and I's results were 3 millilitre was absorbed and 97 millilitre was not absorbed.

I liked doing this activity and I learned a lot about how materials can absorb water. 

L.I To learn and practice experimental methods 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.