Tuesday 10 November 2020

Maths | Addtion, Subtraction/Money

 This week for maths we got a partner and showed each other what work we did from week 1 and week 2.

The activity I showed my partner was how to convert or measure and he showed me how to add. In measurement it has four different types of measurements they are ( mm, cm, m and km)


In addition and subtraction the symbol that we use is the (plus and the subtraction symbol + - ) Adding is when you get numbers and add them up like 5+6=11, and subtraction is like 10-7=3.


In week two the activity I showed was time and my partner's one was money. In time there are units of time and 3 different types of time like analogue, digital and 24 hour time. The units of time are ( seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks , months e.g)


Money uses the place value system and in New Zealand they use the 100’s place value system. In New Zealand they use cents and dollar. The dollars are ( 5$, 10$, 20$, 50$ and 100$) The cents are ( 10c, 20c, 50c


I learned a lot about addition and subtraction and money. My partner was the best teacher and I was the best student.


File:Analog clock animation.gif - Wikimedia Commons
What is Measurement Units? - Definition, Facts and Examples

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.