Friday 26 March 2021

America's Cups

America's Cup is the oldest and best known trophy. My group and I found main ideas from a text, and then summarised the ideas and then evaluated it.

One of the main ideas my group and I wrote was that the first race happened around the Isle of Wight, or America beat the British and took the trophy back to the US.

We had to summarise the information into sentences using key words. Our one was that in 1851 was the first race of the America’s Cup. The America’s Cup is a yacht race. There were defenders and challengers. 

New Zealand won the cup in 1995. Now in 2021 there is a race where the Auckland Harbour against Prada Luna Rossa - Italy.

Evaluation is another skill to understand if I have a question or a fact. One of my answers was that how long has New Zealand been defending the cup for? 

Using these stategies can help me do other work.

LI: To use our reading strategies and smart searching skills to find out about the America's Cup.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.